Join the Upbeat team.
Sales Account Executive
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Upbeat is a dynamic company that partners with schools and districts around the country to gather, analyze and act upon data regarding teachers’ professional engagement. Our business is built around the Upbeat Survey, a carefully crafted and validated teacher survey designed to measure 21 elements of teachers’ professional experience. Upbeat’s robust, interactive data dashboard allows administrators to delve deeply into the survey data to understand what is working well and not working well in their schools and districts. Our consultants offer district representatives clear and actionable suggestions for addressing weaknesses and improving teacher engagement.
Upbeat seeks a Sales Account Executive to be a key member of the organization. They will be focused on building a sales pipeline and pitching new customers over the phone and providing online product demonstrations. The successful candidate is a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to multitask within a fast-paced environment. They are passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by tactically generating new business leads and exceeding team goals.
- Developing and delivering upon a sales plan for the organization
- Working with leadership team to develop key indicators for success and meeting them as sales team grows
- Prospecting to engage new prospects, predominately in key markets where Upbeat is growing as a solution of choice for school districts
- Traveling to conferences and localized events for superintendents, principals, human resources and other district administrators and presenting on product
- Conducting initial discovery calls and identifying key needs where Upbeat can provide solutions
- Guiding prospective clients through the sales process to set up leadership presentations with potential partners
- Building, maintaining and exceeding monthly/quarterly/yearly pipeline of qualified sales leads around forecast goals and defined objectives through Hubspot CRM
- Strategizing with Upbeat leadership team to improve performance, processes and procedures
- Initiating conversations with potential clients via phone and email outreach
- Coordinating and working collaboratively with marketing team on potential future campaigns
- Engaging prospects in targeted prospect accounts
- Utilizing Hubspot CRM to organize and reach out to prospects
- Experience as a teacher or school leader
- 2+ years in education technology sales
- 1+ year CRM experience
- Sales process training in pipeline management
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish clear value propositions through customer conversations; company and product presentations; written communications such as email and proposals
- Proven ability to think outside the box to spur creative and non-traditional solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage internal and external stakeholders, at all levels
- Strong communication skills including excellent writing, editing and presentation skills
- Ability to manage and complete complex projects by navigating multiple workstreams and achieving specified outcomes
- Demonstrated comfort with ambiguity, flexibility and resilience, as well as ability to thrive in a fluid and fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel (up to 40%)
*Pay is commensurate with experience.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.