Join the Upbeat team.
Business Development Specialist
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upbeat works with K-12 districts across the country to administer a research-grounded survey to elevate teacher engagement and retention by fostering strong school environments. Founded and led by former educators, we bring together data scientists, technologists, and experienced former school leaders to deliver a research-backed solution. Our surveys, paired with tailored toolkits and intervention strategies, surface real-time insights so that principals and district leaders are able to better understand and uncover the conditions affecting employee morale and establish actionable plans to improve teacher and staff retention.
Upbeat seeks a Business Development Specialist to be a key member of the organization.
- Prospecting to engage new prospects, predominately in key markets where Upbeat is growing as a solution of choice for school districts
- Traveling to conferences and localized events for superintendents, principals, human resources and other district administrators and presenting on product
- Conducting initial discovery calls and identifying key needs where Upbeat can provide solutions
- Guiding prospective clients through the sales process to set up leadership presentations with potential partners
- Building, maintaining and exceeding monthly/quarterly/yearly pipeline of qualified sales leads around forecast goals and defined objectives through Hubspot CRM
- Strategizing with Upbeat leadership team to improve performance, processes and procedures
- Initiating conversations with potential clients via phone and email outreach
- Coordinating and working collaboratively with marketing team on potential future campaigns
- Engaging prospects in targeted prospect accounts
- Utilizing Hubspot CRM to organize and reach out to prospects
- Experience as a teacher or school leader
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish clear value propositions through customer conversations; company and product presentations; written communications such as email and proposals
- Proven ability to think outside the box to spur creative and non-traditional solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage internal and external stakeholders, at all levels
- Strong communication skills including excellent writing, editing and presentation skills
- Ability to manage and complete complex projects by navigating multiple workstreams and achieving specified outcomes
- Demonstrated comfort with ambiguity, flexibility and resilience, as well as ability to thrive in a fluid and fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel (up to 40%)
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
*Pay is commensurate with experience